The Real Eliana, Finn and Livvy McClellan

Monday, October 24, 2011

Beach Bums...

Our ambitious little Ellie was dying to see the ocean and talked us into to driving there on Saturday. Ellie is so adventurous and never ceases to amaze me. So at the last minute we threw some snacks and sandtoys in the car and made the 2 1/2 hour drive to the beloved beach. We played in the sand and collected seashells. Livvy surprised me by being unafraid of the water and the waves, I had to watch her like a hawk. By the time it was time to go we all had sand in every nook and cranny. On the way home Ellie said the sand was making her feel like she had ants in her pants.

I love the beach, I love the smell of the air, and I love the sound of the waves. I found myself thinking of my college days at BYU-H with my little sis Mish. Ahhh, good times!
Today I finally decided it was time to clean out the car from our adventure, to my delight, I found sand EVERYWHERE! I am a freak about my car being clean, so this was a bit disheartening. Amongst all the sand I found lots of stinky seashells, remains of a spilled bag of pretzels and Livvy's mildewed sundress (serves me right for leaving it in the car over the weekend.) We decided that next time we go, we are going to rent a beach house and actually stay a few days.
I had this brilliant idea that I would bring my camera along and capture a family Christmas picture....haha, joke was definitely on me. Not only were the kids being pills, but Andrew was also throwing me some lip.

3 comments:

  1. Super cute. I want to go to the beach! Next time we're there, please take us. DR is still talking about a January trip. We'll see what happens. Ugh, miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love the beach too...soak some up for me. Miss you! And I totally think it would be a sweet Christmas card btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun, I love how all you sisters are great spontaneous moms. I am striving to be more like all of you! I love the last picture and you look hot so use it as your Christmas card and teach them all a lesson.

    ReplyDelete