The Real Eliana, Finn and Livvy McClellan

Friday, September 23, 2011

Texas is Grand...


Ahhh, I have to laugh at myself...because no one else is here to do it...but also because it seems like every time my husbandino leaves town, I decide to be productive. I literally get more done in a day when he is gone, than I do in a week when he is home. The house is cleaner,our schedule is meticulous, and I find time to do whatever needs to be done. Now before you judge, I am not saying it is Andrew's fault that it works out this way, I am just wondering "WHY" it works this way in his absence. As a side note, we are getting settled deep in the heart of Texas, New Braunfels ...make sure you sing that line. We really like it here and it already feels like it could be home for awhile. We bought a house in a cute neighborhood and have really enjoyed the people here. Our ward is nice and the fun things to do here are endless, oh yes, and so is the shopping...sorry Drewbs. My sisters were able to visit this past week and of course we had a great time. Andrew was winning the love of my sisters as he was such a good host, watching the kids for us, waiting on us, and making us smoothies of our choice at night...what a guy and what's not to love?. Brynna came to help me get my house in order, which it desperately needed. Brynna is so service oriented and has such a talent in decorating homes. She is also a spit-fire and there is always fun to be had when she is around. As soon as I get every thing hung on the walls, I will post pictures of all her work.
Mish and her kiddos came too. I think she came to give me pay backs for all the things my kids have ruined in her home in the previous years...just kiddin' Mish...but am I? Little Dax is my buddy and Nicker-Bocker is so sweet it is hard not to bite him. Mish is such a good mom and has a personality that is so easy to be around. Wow, I'm blessed! My kids were so excited to see their cousins and
Dax was in heaven to finally be reunited with "Finnie" and "Eliana" as he decided to call them this trip...he is such a crack up, with a personality that is unmatched. Dax and Livvy were cracking us up as they bullied and then loved each other all week long, it was pretty funny. I dare say they both will give Mish and I a run for our money. With all the shopping and organizing, we still found time to go do a few other things.
Safari Texas Style...such a fun time.
It felt like we were at Jurassic Park. We drove through the park in my SUV with all 10 of us, with kids hanging out of every window as safari animals poked their heads in the car windows...the people behind us must have thought we were crazy...hey, we're from Utah...leave us alone. We had Finn driving the car on my lap, Brynna, Dax, and Ellie in the passenger seat, Andrew, Livvy, Nix, Mish and Lucy all in the second row. We all had such a good time and the kids loved it. I keep finding animal food all over my car.
It appears that we were letting Luce do whatever she wanted...umm, yep we were...

The night before everyone left, we went to the famous "River
Walk" in San Antonio...took a boat ride down the river and ate some baby back ribs slathered in BBQ sauce....Yummy.

All in all, we had a great time and made some good memories. I am so blessed to have such a great family!

No comments:

Post a Comment